TTG Media Limited is a young, dynamic and privately owned company formed in 2013 to take over a power brand in B2B media and in travel: TTG (Travel Trade Gazette).
Started as a four-page newspaper in 1953, TTG has evolved to become a three-pronged business moving confidently through 2018 on three platforms: print, digital and events, in the UK and via the TTG Worldwide network of international partners.
Still underpinned by a weekly print magazine, the business is also now powered by a fast-moving website, ttgmedia.com, and a series of events including the TTG Top 50 Travel Agencies, the TTG Travel Awards, the Luxpo events in luxury travel and the TTG LGBT network. It also maintains a series of exclusive partnerships with partners ranging from World Travel Market to the Institute of Travel & Tourism that have become vital to the brand, offering new opportunities for growth.
The brand has a reputation not only as a much-loved, authoritative voice of the industry, but as an innovative organiser of exciting events in London and beyond. With our group editor the current PPA Editor of the Year, TTG’s reputation is as high as at any point in its 65-year history.
Our customers are often the blue-chip names of the global travel industry, ranging from Celebrity Cruises to Thomas Cook, Sandals to Virgin Atlantic.
This role represents a fantastic challenge in a highly stimulating industry, as part of a hugely committed and friendly team in a supportive culture, at a genuinely exciting time for our trusted and engaging brand.
We are looking to recruit a Marketing Manager with an innate understanding of the power of data, to work across our print and digital output, and our growing event portfolio. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the production and implementation of strategic and tactical marketing plans, with a particular emphasis on creative campaigns to drive audience participation and engagement.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor degree, preferably in marketing
- Proven marketing experience in a media environment, B2B preferred
- Database strategy experience
- Research project experience
- Digital marketing experience
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Experience in delivering successful social media campaigns, including paid promotions
- Ability to devise, write and implement email campaigns, and analyse the email metrics
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong presentation skills with ability to present at a high level
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A genuine desire and ability to learn/absorb an industry, its issues, trends and players and apply that knowledge in a marketing environment
- A willingness to represent the brand at external events as and when required
- A commercially minded person who will enjoy working with the commercial team to analyse relationships, sales campaigns and the market, and support them in their communication with our customers
- Team player, but one with a self-sufficient, self-motivated, proactive and organised attitude
- Full computer literacy – especially Excel and email management
- Print circulation management experience – preferable
- An understanding of best practice around GDPR in media is essential
What you will do:
- Provide timely, comprehensive and on-going marketing support to all areas of the business
- Devise new database marketing offerings in conjunction with brand team, utilising the full capability of our in-house platforms
- Maintain all event project timelines for effective campaign management
- Manage email marketing campaigns for relevant projects
- Circulation management for associated print titles – including free, subscription, digital elements and ABC compliance
- Produce marketing plans for all events and subscription magazines
- Manage the marketing budget on each relevant project
- Conduct relevant market research as required
- Write where required creative copy for campaigns
- Maintain thorough understanding of performance of previous campaigns and ensure appropriate analysis is completed and used on the creation of the next campaign
- Ensure input from industry bodies, advisory boards and key opinion makers and manage these relationships where appropriate
- Develop successful online promotions
- Develop the digital strategy to increase registrations and subscription
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
- Preparing online and print marketing campaigns
- Work closely with the digital partner to develop company CRM/CMS and email messaging platform
- Undertake ad hoc projects as required
- Liaise with the Sales & Marketing Director for purposes of marketing and sales support
- Liaise with the Events team to develop event marketing plans
- Liaise with the Creative Director on the design of key projects
- Liaise with Digital editor on CMS development
And that’s just to begin with! This is not a role for the faint hearted – but it is a role that can bring immense satisfaction, working with a fantastic team and giving this individual the opportunity to take real ownership of this area of our business, in what is one of the most exciting sectors in the UK today.
Apply today to managing director Daniel Pearce at email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role, give him a call on 07941 257842.