Win a Greek wine and cheese treasure hunt at WTM London and a trip to Corfu
VisitGreece is offering agents the chance to brush up on their Greek food and wine knowledge and win a short break to Corfu
At this year’s WTM London the Greek National Tourism Organisation (GNTO) will be hosting a Greek wine treasure hunt for travel agents at 2pm on Tuesday November 6, 2018, on the VisitGreece stand EU1000. There, they’ll have the chance to try some delicious regional cheeses and charcuterie, and win a holiday to the Greek island of Corfu.
There are 20 places up for grabs. To be in with a chance of winning a place, read the text below and answer a simple question.
Greek viticulture and cheese making are some of the oldest productions in the world, so Greece has always been one of the most renowned food and wine destinations.
Indigenous wine varieties, such as the rare Assyrtiko of Santorini, the captivating Agiorgitiko of Nemea, the intriguing Xinomavro of Macedonia, and the exotic Vilana of Crete are just a few of the country’s hundreds of indigenous grape varieties. To complement these wines, Greece also produces exceptional cheeses with 21 awarded Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) status, including the graviera of Crete, the spicy Sfela of the Peloponnese and the sharp Ladotyri of Lesvos.
Today Greece produces award-winning wines and recently there has been a real boom in Greek wine bars that offer a taste of them, plus local spirits like mastiha (from Chios), raki (from Crete) and tsipouro (from central and northern Greece).
All agents invited to the Greek wine and regional cheeses treasure hunt at this year’s VisitGreece stand will also be entered into a prize draw to win the following:
- 1st prize: A short break for two in Corfu, courtesy of the GNTO and Mr & Mrs White Corfu
- 2nd prize: A Kindle, courtesy of GNTO
- 3rd prize: A goody bag of exquisite Greek wines, courtesy of GNTO
All 20 agents attending will also win a goody bag of gourmet Greek products.
ENTER THE COMPETITION
This competition closes at midnight on October 24, 2018.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- To enter the competition simply answer the question above and you will be entered into a draw to win one of 20 invites to an exclusive Greek wine and regional cheeses treasure hunt at the VisitGreece stand (EU1000) at WTM 2018 at 14.00 pm on Tuesday 6 November 2018.
- The 20 lucky agents picked from a draw to win an invite to the VisitGreece stand (EU1000) will be notified by the GNTO via email by Friday 26 October 2018 and must RSVP by Thursday 1 November 2018 that they agree to be present at Visit Greece’s WTM Greek wine and regional cheeses treasure hunt at 14.00pm on Tuesday 6 November 2018 or else they will not be included in the prize draw.
- All 20 agents attending the VisitGreece stand for the Greek wine and regional cheeses treasure hunt and lunch will take home a bag of delicious Greek products.
- Three lucky winners will also get a chance to win: a three-night break for two in Corfu, including flights and accommodation, courtesy of the GNTO and Mr & Mrs White Corfu; a Kindle, courtesy of GNTO; a goody bag of exquisite Greek wines, also courtesy of GNTO.
- These prizes are personal, non-negotiable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The promoters will not be responsible for any delay or cancellation of any element of the holiday prize nor for any inability of the prizewinner to take up the prize.
For the holiday for two in Corfu further terms and conditions apply:
- The prize refers to two round-trip tickets on the route London or Manchester – Corfu on direct flights or one-stop flights.
- The prize is valid for air transport only on the routing mentioned above, destination changes are not allowed.
- There is no alternative destination or cash equivalent for this prize.
- Open jaws, stop-overs, one way, change of return flight not allowed.
- Travel period authorised: from 30th March to 30th June 2019 and 15th September to 30th October 2019 (subject to availability and excluding school holidays and public holidays). Return flights must be used within the validity of the ticket.
- Once booked, flights are non-changeable, exchangeable or refundable. If you miss your flight, or fail to take the outbound leg, your flights will be void and cancelled.
- Tickets will not be reissued in the case of partially used round trip tickets or in the case of no show.
- It is the responsibility of the winners to organise any necessary visas and passports required for travel.
Mr & Mrs White Corfu
- The offer is valid for two persons on bed and breakfast basis.
- Reservation can be made upon hotel’s availability.
- Hotel voucher is valid from 30th March to 30th June 2019 and 15 September to 30th October 2019 (subject to availability and excluding school holidays and public holidays).
- Booking must be made at least three weeks in advance before the preferred travel dates.
- This offer is personal, non-transferable and non-refundable.