Win a trip to Athens with Visit Greece
Join Visit Greece at WTM for a Greek wine and cheese treasure hunt and a chance to win a trip to Athens, Greece!
Visit Greece is offering agents the chance to brush up on their Greek food and wine knowledge and win a short break to Athens; with its buzzy wine-bar scene.
At this year’s WTM London the Greek National Tourism Organisation (GNTO) will be hosting a Greek wine treasure hunt with the chance to try some delicious regional cheeses and charcuterie at 4pm on Monday, November 6, 2017 on the Visit Greece stand (EU1200).
There are 20 places up for grabs. To be in with a chance of winning one of them, read the text below, then answer a simple question and fill in your details on the following form.
Greek viticulture and cheese making are some of the oldest in the world and Greece has always been one of the most renowned food and wine destinations.
Indigenous wine varieties, such as the rare Assyrtiko of Santorini, the captivating Agiorgitiko of Nemea, the intriguing Xinomavro of Macedonia, and the exotic Vilana of Crete are just a few of the country’s hundreds of indigenous grape varieties.
To compliment these wines, Greece also produces exceptional cheeses with 21 awarded Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) status, including the graviera of Crete, the spicy Sfela of the Peloponnese and the sharp Ladotyri of Mytilini on Lesvos island.
Today Greece produces world-class wines and recently there has been a real boom in Greek wine bars. They offer a taste of the many award-winning Greek wines, plus local spirits like mastiha (from Chios), raki (from Crete) and tsipouro (from central and northern Greece).
All agents invited to the Greek wine and regional cheeses treasure hunt at this year’s Visit Greece stand will also be entered in a prize draw to win the following:
- 1st prize: A short break for two in Athens, courtesy of Aegean Airlines & Pallas Athena (Grecotel Hotels & Resorts)
- 2nd prize: A Kindle, courtesy of Visit Greece
- 3rd prize: A goody bag of exquisite Greek wines, courtesy of Visit Greece
All 20 agents attending will also be given a goody bag of gourmet Greek products.
Closing date: Wednesday, 25 October 2017
Terms and conditions
- To enter the competition simply answer the question above and you will be entered into a draw to win one of 20 invites to an exclusive Greek wine and regional cheeses treasure hunt at the VisitGreece stand (EU1200) at WTM 2017 on Monday 6 November, 2017 at 4pm.
- The 20 lucky agents picked from a draw to win an invite to the VisitGreece stand (EU1200) will be notified by the GNTO via email by Friday 27 October, 2017 and must RSVP by Thursday 2 November, 2017 that they agree to be present at Visit Greece’s WTM Greek wine and regional cheeses treasure hunt at 4pm on Monday 6 November, 2017 or else they will not be included in the prize draw.
- All 20 agents attending the VisitGreece stand for the Greek wine and regional cheeses treasure hunt and lunch will take home a bag of delicious Greek products.
- Three lucky winners will also get a chance to win:
- a three-day break for two in Athens, including flights and accommodation, courtesy of Aegean Airlines and Grecotel Hotels and Resorts
- a Kindle, courtesy of VisitGreece and
- a goody bag of exquisite Greek wines, also courtesy of VisitGreece.
- These prizes are personal, non-negotiable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The promoters will not be responsible for any delay or cancellation of any element of the holiday prize nor for any inability of the prize winner to take up the prize.
- For the holiday for 2 in Athens further Terms and Conditions apply:
- AEGEAN AIRLINES TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The prize refers to two round trip tickets on the route London Heathrow T2 or Manchester - Athens – London Heathrow T2 or Manchester on direct flights operated by Aegean Airlines.
- The prize is valid for air transport only on the routing mentioned above, destination changes are not allowed.
- Aegean Airlines will cover the fare and the fuel surcharge. Airport and security taxes remain payable by the passengers.
- There is no alternative destination or cash equivalent for this prize
- Open jaws, stop-overs, one way, change of return flight not allowed
- Travel period authorised: from 11 January to 30 June 30, 2018 (subject to availability and excluding school holidays and public holidays). Return flights must be used within the validity of the ticket.
- Tickets must be issued before 31 March, 2018
- Once booked, flights are non-changeable, exchangeable or refundable. If you miss your flight, or fail to take the outbound leg, your flights will be void and cancelled
- Tickets will not be reissued in the case of partially used round trip tickets or in the case of no show.
- It is the responsibility of the winners to organise any necessary visas and passports required for travel
- Flights using free tickets do not accrue mileage on frequent flier programmes
- PALLAS ATHENA –GRECOTEL HOTELS AND RESORTS TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The offer is valid for two persons on bed & breakfast basis
- Reservation can be made upon hotel’s availability
- Hotel voucher is valid from 11 January until 30 June, 2018 (excluding School and Public Holidays)
- Booking must be made at least three weeks in advance before the preferred travel dates
- This offer is personal, non-transferable and non-refundable