Debbie Flynn

Debbie Flynn

Basia Kolosinska

Basia Kolosinska

Claire Steiner

Claire Steiner

Jonathan Wall

Jonathan Wall

Who is liable for refund - British Airways or Netflights?

In September 2019 two bookings made with Netflights with British Airways (LGW/BGI/LGW). Both outward flights were used 20th November 8th January but both travelers were returning on 2 April 2020 which was subsequently cancelled within 14 days of travel by BA. Netflights offered return flights on 1st May 2020, which of course, did not happen. BA are now denying any liability for a refund or vouchers despite initially offering vouchers.

Netflights have repeatedly delayed a refund or vouchers. Where does the liability lie please?

3 Collaborators
Adrian Loveridge
Alan BowenManaging Partner

2 responses
Alan BowenAlan Bowen21 Apr 2020 15:21

For a flight only booking the contract is with the airline, BA. I assume the passengers are still abroad in Barbados and currently, there are no flights with any airline back to the UK. If they do subsequently return by BA then obviously no refunds would be due. BA's own website says that if a flight is cancelled they will offer refunds but if the clients have decided to stay and not return, the value of any refund may be small, it certainly won't be 50% of the original fare. If a flight is offered and not accepted, the best the clients can hope for is a voucher.

21 Apr 2020 14:56
Hi Adrian, I've passed on your query to one of our experts. I'll be back in touch with a response for you soon.

Many thanks,
Charlotte
TTG - Travel Trade Gazette
For Smarter, Better, Fairer Travel
B Corp-certified
TTG Media Limited.
Place of registration: England and Wales.
Company number 08723341.
Registered address: 6th Floor, 2 London Wall Place, London EC2Y 5AU
We use cookies so we can provide you with the best online experience. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click on the banner to find out more.
Cookie Settings