Chief executive Abdulaziz Al Raisi planning talks with Boeing’s main rival Airbus at the Paris Air Show, which starts on Monday (17 June).
Al Raisi made the admission to reporters at the unveiling of the carrier’s new cabin crew uniform at Heathrow airport last week.
He added the airline’s expansion plans had also been “significantly curtailed” as a result of the grounding of its five Maxs and non-delivery of a further three scheduled to enter service this year.
“The airline also suffered revenue losses and market share declines, particularly in its home market of Oman, because of the grounding of the airline’s Max fleet,” said the airline in a statement.
Al Raisi recently met with Boeing officials, during which Oman Air said he was promised “a recovery and support plan” for the airline.
However, he added if the airline didn’t hear from Boeing by 17 June, he would “have to go ahead with a planning meeting with Airbus at the air show”.
The 737 Max is not now expected to re-enter service before September.
The aircraft was grounded in March following two fatal crashes in five months.
Boeing is working on a software update for a control system, understood to have been active when both crashes occurred.
Chief executive Dennis Muilenburg said he expected the 737 Max to be in the air again before the end of the year.
What’s your view? Email email@example.com and let us know your thoughts or leave a comment below.