About TTG's Top 50 list
TTG Media is thrilled to launch an ambitious new search to find the top-performing travel agencies in the UK and Ireland, to form an influential list of the very best in the business.
The event will comprise 16 different categories, highlighting stand-out stores in 10 different regions, plus six nationwide categories for different kinds of agency business. Agencies that earn first, second and third place on each of the 16 shortlists will join the exclusive TTG’s Top 50 Travel Agencies list, earning recognition not only within the travel trade but also in a way which is meaningful to customers.
The 50 stores and companies that have been selected to join the prestigious Top 50 list will be revealed at a glamorous black-tie awards ceremony on April 25, 2016 at the cutting-edge Vox Centre at Resorts World Birmingham, with a three-course dinner, top entertainment and plenty of surprises.
A brochure profiling each of the agencies that makes the list will be unveiled on April 25, distributed with TTG, and also made available as a digital edition to be shared within the industry, and with agents’ customers if they wish. The Top 50 agencies will also be profiled on ttgtop50.com, and window-stickers and digital logos provided to every agency that makes the list.
- Store managers and/or agency owners begin the process by registering their store in one of 10 regional categories before January 29, 2016. Suppliers are also invited to put forward those stores they believe to be the strongest contenders in the various regions.
- A comprehensive panel of around 30 different agent-facing suppliers, who work closely with high street agents and know their businesses, will then rate each store on a scale of 1-5.
- The top five stores in each region will form the shortlist for that region, with the shortlist announced at the end of February.
- A TTG journalist, joined by a supplier partner, will then visit each of the five stores on the shortlist in March 2016 for a pre-arranged interview, where they will spend several hours meeting the team and assessing the store against specific criteria.
- Each finalist will receive one complimentary ticket to attend the event on April 25, 2016. Additional tickets can be purchased online. The three top-scoring stores from each category will join the Top 50 list which will be announced on the night.
- Agency owners can begin the process by registering their agency in one or more of the 6 nationwide categories by January 29, 2016. Suppliers are also invited to put forward those agencies they believe to be the strongest contenders in the various regions.
- A comprehensive panel of agent-facing suppliers, who work closely with agents, will then rate each of these agencies on a scale of 1-5.
- They will also be asked to give anecdotal evidence about how well that agency has performed in the last 12 months, in terms of sales, growth, service, partnership and innovation. Supplier rating will generate a numerical average score out of 5 for each agency.
- The top five agencies in each of these six categories will form the shortlist, which will be announced at the end of February.
On April 25, 2016
Here’s what guests can expect on the night:
- 18:30: Drinks reception
- 19:30: Top 50 presentation and dinner
- 23:00: Post awards entertainment – Including band and DJ
- 1:30: After party at the High Line bar
- 3.00: Event closes
Tickets are available to purchase online. Get yours today!