About TTG's Top 50
TTG Media is thrilled to launch the second year of Top 50 where we scour the UK to find the top-performing travel agencies, to form an influential list of the very best in the business.
The event will comprise 20 different categories, highlighting stand-out stores in 12 different regions, six nationwide specialist categories along with two awards recognising Top Of The Shops and Fresh Thinking Business. The Top 3 from regional categories, top 2 from nationwide and the two additional awards will gain a place in the prestigious Top 50 list, earning recognition not only within the travel trade but also in a way which is meaningful to customers.
The 50 stores and companies that have been selected to join the prestigious Top 50 list will be revealed at a glamorous black-tie awards ceremony on March 13, 2017 at the cutting-edge Vox Centre at Resorts World Birmingham, with a three-course dinner, top entertainment and plenty of surprises.
A brochure profiling each of the agencies that makes the list will be unveiled on March 13, distributed with TTG, and also made available as a digital edition to be shared within the industry, and with agents’ customers if they wish. The Top 50 agencies will also be profiled on ttgmedia.com, and window-stickers and digital logos provided to every agency that makes the list.
- Store managers and/or agency owners begin the process by registering their store in one of 12 regional categories by November 4, 2016. Suppliers are also invited to put forward those stores they believe to be the strongest contenders in the various regions.
- A comprehensive panel of around 30 different agent-facing suppliers, who work closely with high street agents and know their businesses, will then rate each store on a scale of 1-5.
- The top five stores in each region will form the shortlist for that region, with the shortlist announced at the end of November.
- A TTG journalist, joined by a supplier partner, will then visit each of the five stores on the shortlist in December 2016 for a pre-arranged interview, where they will spend 1-2 hours meeting the team and assessing the store against specific criteria. Guidance on the information to prepare and the questions to expect will be issued in advance.
- Each finalist agency will receive one complimentary ticket to attend the event on March 13, 2017. Additional tickets can be purchased online. The three top-scoring stores from each category will join the Top 50 list which will be announced on the night. One will also be crowned 'top' in their region.
Enter the regional awards
- Agency owners can begin the process by registering their agency in one or more of the 6 nationwide categories by Friday November 4, 2016. Suppliers are also invited to put forward those agencies they believe to be the strongest contenders in the various regions.
- A comprehensive panel of agent-facing suppliers, who work closely with agents, will then rate each of these agencies on a scale of 1-5, taking into consideration sales in the last 12 months, business growth, marketing and innovation, and commitment to working together.
- They will also be asked to give anecdotal evidence about how well that agency has performed in the last 12 months, in terms of sales, growth, service, partnership and innovation. Supplier rating will generate a numerical average score out of 5 for each agency.
- The top five agencies in each of these six categories will form the shortlist, which will be announced at the end of November.
- The shortlisted five in each category will then face a Skype/FaceTime/video call with a judging panel to give the judges chance to meet some of the agency's team and find out more. Guidance on the information to prepare and the questions to expect will be issued beforehand.
- Each finalist agency will receive one complimentary ticket to attend the event on March 13, 2017. Additional tickets can be purchased online. The two top-scoring stores from each category will join the Top 50 list which will be announced on the night. One of these two will also be crowned "top" in their category.
Enter the nationwide awards
On March 13, 2017
Here’s what guests can expect on the night:
- 18:30: Drinks reception
- 19:30: Top 50 presentation and dinner
- 23:00: Post awards entertainment – Including band and DJ
- 1:30: After party at the High Line bar
- 3.00: Event closes
Tickets are available to purchase online. Get yours today!
Children with Cancer UK
No child should die from cancer. That’s why Children with Cancer UK invest millions of pounds every year into cutting-edge research: to help us understand why children get cancer in the first place and to better treat it, so that one day we can save the life of every young patient.
What sets us apart is that we are the leading national children’s charity dedicated to the fight against childhood cancer.
- We fund life-saving research into the causes, prevention and treatment of childhood cancer
- We fund innovative welfare projects to provide better care for young cancer patients and their
- We campaign to raise awareness of childhood cancer, to protect more children and to improve
the lives of young cancer patients today, and for future generations
Every year, almost 4,000 children and young people are diagnosed with cancer in the UK. This means ten families are given this devastating news every day. Despite the huge advances that have been made in recent decades to improve treatments, cancer is the leading medical cause of death in children and young people, responsible for the loss of more than 500 young lives every year in the UK. Research and support for children with cancer and their families is vital.
Thank you for supporting Children with Cancer UK. With your help, we are able to progress with key research projects which will help save more young lives.