About TTG's Top 50
We’re excited to announce our fourth annual search for the nation’s Top 50 Travel Agencies, once again in association with Kuoni.
Our prestigious hotlist will be decided through a unique combination of rating by suppliers and visits to top-performing stores in every region.
The TTG’s Top 50 Travel Agencies is dedicated entirely to recognising excellence in retailing. The awards comprise 20 different categories, highlighting stand-out stores in 12 different regions, plus 6 nation-wide categories for different kinds of agency business and UK & Ireland’s No.1 Travel Agency 2019.
The TTG Top 50 Travel Agencies will be revealed at a glamorous black-tie ceremony on April 25, 2019 at the cutting-edge Vox at Resorts World Birmingham, with a three-course dinner, top entertainment and plenty of surprises.
Agencies that make it on the exclusive list will be showcased on ttgmedia.com, and provided with logos and window stickers so they can demonstrate to their customers that they are one of the best in the country.
- Store managers and/or agency owners begin the process by registering their store in one of 12 regional categories. Each store must be registered separately.
- A comprehensive panel of around 60 different agent-facing suppliers, who work closely with high street agents and know their businesses, will then rate each store on a scale of 1-5. They consider not just sales volume and growth but also their perception of that agency's customer service, expertise, and innovation.
- The top five stores in each region will form the shortlist for that region, with the shortlist announced on December 12, 2018.
- A TTG journalist, joined by a supplier partner, will then visit each of the five stores on the shortlist in January/February 2018 for a pre-arranged interview, where they will spend 1-2 hours meeting the team and assessing the store against specific criteria. Guidance on the information to prepare and the questions to expect will be issued in advance.
- Each finalist agency will receive one complimentary ticket to attend the event on 25 April, 2019. Additional tickets can be purchased online. The three top-scoring stores from each category will join the Top 50 list which will be announced on the night. One will also be crowned 'top' in their region.
Nationwide Awards & Special Categories
- Agency owners can begin the process by registering their agency in one or more of the 6 nationwide categories, and/or the two special categories focussed on business model (homeworking and online).
- A comprehensive panel of agent-facing suppliers, who work closely with agents, will then rate each of these agencies on a scale of 1-5, taking into consideration sales in the last 12 months, but also business growth, marketing and innovation, and commitment to working together.
- The top five agencies in each of these six nationwide and two special categories will form the shortlist, which will be announced on December 12, 2018.
- The shortlisted five in each category will then face a Skype/FaceTime/video call with a judging panel to give the judges chance to meet some of the agency's team and find out more. Guidance on the information to prepare and the questions to expect will be issued beforehand.
- Each finalist agency will receive one complimentary ticket to attend the event on 25 April, 2019. Additional tickets can be purchased online. The two top-scoring agencies in each nationwide category will join the Top 50 list, and one of these two will also be crowned "top" in their category. The single top agency in each of the special categories will also join the Top 50 list.
New categories for 2019
- Contribution to Travel - sponsored by Scenic and Emerald Waterways
Industry colleagues are asked to nominate senior leaders in retail who have demonstrated an innovative approach to doing business, or inspired others through their leadership, or given outstanding commitment to their local community, for example.
>> Click here to make your nomination
- Customer Service Champion - sponsored by Iberostar
This accolade will recognise one individual agent for a specific case in which they went above and beyond to deliver extraordinary customer service to their client. Our journalist judges will each listen out during their judging interviews for examples of agents going the extra mile to then create a shortlist of five outstanding stories, from which one winner will be selected.
- Community Hero - sponsored by Gran Canaria
One individual agent or one team who has made an exceptional contribution to their local community or communities overseas will receive this award. Our journalist judges will again be looking out for the best examples of agencies supporting local organisations, charities and businesses, or charities and organisations in destinations to which they operate or which are important to them, to draw up a shortlist of five, from which one winner will be selected.
On 25 April, 2019
Here’s what guests can expect on the night:
- 18:00: Drinks reception
- 19:00: Top 50 presentation and dinner
- 23:00: Post awards entertainment – Including band and DJ
- 1:30: After party at the High Line bar
- 3.00: Event closes