About the TTG Luxury Travel Awards 2020
TTG Luxury Travel Awards 2020
This year, there are 14 categories in the TTG Luxury Travel Awards, allowing a wide range of opportunities for companies to enter and win. The winners will be announced on 28 February during a fabulous event at Rosewood London, including a Champagne and canapes welcome reception, seated lunch, awards ceremony and entertainment.
Dates for your diary:
- Friday 27 September - supplier nominations close and deadline for agents to register their interest
- Monday 25 November - shortlist announced
- Friday 28 February - the winners are revealed!
The awards give a host of luxury travel suppliers the chance to win recognition from the luxury agent community, with our hand-picked roster of agents rating the shortlisted finalists in order to decide the overall winner in each supplier category.
- Premium Cruise Line of the Year
- Ultra-luxury Cruise Line of the Year
- Premium Air Experience of the Year
- Luxury Hotel Company of the Year (small group, less than 25 hotels)
- Luxury Hotel Company of the Year (large group, 25 or more hotels)
- Best New Luxury Hotel of the Year
- Specialist Luxury Operator of the Year
- Luxury Operator of the Year
- Contribution to Luxury (editor’s choice)
Suppliers enter themselves for the categories (except Contribution to Luxury) and are then rated by our hand-picked community of luxury travel agents. This year, the community of agents who rate will be refreshed and will include entrants in the Luxury category of TTG’s Top 50, all past TTG Luxury Travel Awards agent finalists and Luxpo attendees, so you know the very best and experienced agents are rating the companies they feel really stand out.
For the Best New Luxury Hotel of the Year category, contenders enter themselves and are then rated and selected by a panel of renowned travel and lifestyle journalists and editors, who use their wealth of experience to narrow down the finalists.
Contribution to Luxury is a coveted award given to a person deemed to have made a very significant impact in our sector, with the individual picked from a wide range of business types globally. The decision is made by the editorial team at TTG Luxury and past recipients include Matthew Upchurch, chief executive of Virtuoso (2019) and Justin Wateridge, managing director of Steppes (2018).
With an extra agent category added this time around, we are ensuring even more luxury travel planners and luxury retail businesses get a chance to grab their time in the spotlight at these prestigious awards.
- Luxury Travel Agency of the Year (sole store)
- Luxury Retail Business of the Year
- Luxury Homeworking Business of the Year – NEW for 2020
- Best New Luxury Travel Designer of the Year
- Luxury Travel Designer of the Year
Agents just need to complete a quick and easy form to register their interest for these categories. We’ll then be in touch for the next stage! All those who make the final shortlist will receive one complimentary ticket to attend the event.
Venue and timings
Centrally located in the heart of London on High Holborn, The Rosewood Hotel is moments from Covent Garden, in one of the capital’s most historic yet dynamic locales and just a stone’s throw away from vibrant Lamb’s Conduit Street, the Royal Opera House, the British Museum and West End Theatres.
Combining English heritage with contemporary sophistication, the hotel has the feel of a stylish London residence with 262 guestrooms and 44 suites including the Grand Manor House Wing, an exclusive six-bedroom suite with its own postcode.
Accommodation is designed by Tony Chi and Associates, who also created the interior of the public areas, 12 event spaces and the Mirror Room, while award-winning designer Martin Brudnizki designed Scarfes Bar.
The hotel also plays home to the Holborn Dining Room, complete with London's largest Gin Bar and The Terrace, and Sense Spa.