Riviera puts 2022 European tours on sale
21 Jan 2021by James Chapple
Riviera Travel has placed its 2022 European tour collection on sale, giving agents earlier access than ever to the firm’s most popular trips.
The operator said the move came in response to "keen demand" from customers wanting to plan and book further in advance, and agents keen to get clients booked in early.
The collection sits alongside Riviera’s 2022 river cruise and worldwide tour offering, both of which are already on sale.
European tours are limited to 25 to support social distancing, with Riviera promising the same "sociable atmosphere" as ever but with "a touch more reassuring exclusivity".
Dates across 46 tours are on sale now, with a four-day Bruges break leading in from £389pp
Jim Forward, Riviera chief commercial officer, said: "We’re delighted to launch our collection of European tours early this year following keen demand from our customers and trade partners.
"Our 2021 holidays are well sold, with a number of our most popular dates already sold out, so we’ve opened up availability for 2022 to ensure our guests can plan well ahead and secure their preferred choice of holiday."
European tours on sale now include:
- Bruges – 4 days: Medieval buildings, romantic squares, pretty canals, world-class art; Bruges is a lavish feast for the eyes. This being Belgium, it also provides satisfaction for the tastebuds, with flavoursome local beers, the tastiest frites and, of course, world-renowned chocolate. A perfect destination to explore on foot, Bruges is ideal for discerning travellers keen to discover a city where history, culture and cuisine combine like nowhere else.
- Lake Como, St Moritz and the Bernina Express – 8 days: Towering Alpine peaks are the backdrop to this glorious tour of northern Italy and Switzerland. We’ll discover Lake Como and its stunning village of Bellagio, Lakes Maggiore and Lugano. A thrilling train ride to St Moritz aboard the Bernina Express completes this spellbinding adventure.
- Pompeii, Capri and the Bay of Naples – 8 days: Discover one of the most beautiful corners of Europe, while staying in the picturesque Italian town of Sorrento. The natural and historic riches surrounding the Bay of Naples and the Sorrento peninsula are amazing – Naples, Sorrento, the island of Capri, the Amalfi coastline and, of course, Pompeii and Herculaneum.
- Classical Spain – 7 days: Experience Andalucia’s magical fusion of Spanish and Moorish cultures with Seville’s vibrant streets and conquistador heritage, Granada’s Alhambra and the Mezquita mosque in Cordoba. Discover a tapestry of rugged, fragrant and sun-kissed countryside, covered by green olive groves under an azure blue sky.
- Switzerland, the Matterhorn and the Glacier Express – 8 days: An exhilarating tour of the Swiss and Italian Alps, exploring Lakes Geneva and Maggiore and travelling on the Glacier and Bernina Express and taking in views of the iconic Matterhorn. Spectacular scenery, awe-inspiring views of glaciers and snow-covered peaks, forested slopes and lush meadows.