Tips for suppliers entering The Travel Industry Awards by TTG
21 Apr 2021by Abigail Healy
The early-bird deadline for suppliers to complete their online submissions to enter the awards is 30 April. Here are top tips on how to impress our judging panels.
Suppliers have until 30 April to get entries in before the early-bird deadline when fees are £99 + VAT. After this entry fees increase to £149 + VAT.
In the new format awards, supplier categories are split into two – each with a different judging process.
Agent-judged categories will be rated by agents with these ratings taken into account by TTG’s editorial team when creating the category shortlists. A panel of senior leaders from TTG’s Top 50 Travel Agencies will then assess the shortlist and ratings to decide upon a winner.
Industry-judged categories will be shortlisted by TTG’s editorial team and then assessed by a panel of independent industry judges.
Here are hints and examples to help you write an outstanding supplier entry for 202…
- There is no mystery to what we hope you’ll include. When you begin your online submission, you will find an extensive list of suggested inclusions that always impress judges.
- This year we are not asking for financial information and figures but instead are keen to hear about how you have ensured your business remains resilient through the pandemic. That said, figures are always useful so aim to give them wherever possible, for example, review scores or how many webinars you have helped agents host.
- New for The Travel Industry Awards by TTG is a question relating to TTG’s mission to promote Smarter, Better, Fairer travel. We want to know how you have worked towards one of the goals that underpins this mission in the past 12 months. You can find out more about the goals themselves on the entry form but don’t underestimate the things you have done that could be relevant here. It might be carefully curating the holidays you offer to ensure they are responsible/sustainable, it could be ensuring your holidays accommodate travellers with accessible needs or it might be how you have created a better working environment for your staff through the pandemic.
- Testimonials from agents or other partners can be helpful but don’t swallow up your word count with feedback. A few brief highlights should do the trick. There is a section at the end where you can add supporting documents so this might be a good place to include testimonials.
- The focus is always on the past 12 months – give dates so judges know this activity fell within the judging period (31 March 2020 to 1 April 2021). Make it clear what was new or what you tried for the first time, remembering that judges are most impressed by true innovation – not simply catching up with what your competitors are already doing in this space.
- You have the opportunity to add one supporting document up to 20MB or include links to visuals, testimonials, videos or websites. Remember anything you add here should have a good reason for being there – simply uploading dozens of adverts and photos or generic corporate videos doesn’t tend to be helpful.
In addition there are three Special Categories available to enter this year, open to both suppliers and agencies:
- Best Place to Work in Travel: An award for travel and tourism businesses that have made changes to their workplace in the last year – this could relate to measures taken to improve working practices and employee wellbeing through the pandemic, it could be steps taken to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace or any other initiatives to ensure employee wellbeing, support and progression is championed for all.
- The Responsible Travel Award: An award for travel and tourism businesses that have delivered an impactful, responsible travel initiative in the past 12 months.
- Sustainable Travel Company of the Year: An award for travel and tourism businesses that have significantly improved the sustainability of their operations in the last 12 months.
Click here to download the entry pack for more information about the entry process and event itself
Click here to submit your entry