Seabourn has cancelled more of its planned sailings in Europe this summer owing to concerns over whether it would get the necessary approvals in time for the journeys to go ahead.
Seabourn Sojourn and Seabourn Encore had both been due to re-enter service in Europe in early July, but the line on Thursday (22 April) confirmed their lengthy lay-up would continue.
All Seabourn Encore departures have been cancelled through to 21 August, while all departures onboard Seabourn Sojourn are off until 25 September.
"Seabourn is working towards its return to service and focusing on the destinations where it has obtained approval to sail," said the line in a statement.
"Unfortunately, the line does not anticipate receiving approval for all planned itineraries before they are scheduled to sail and has made the decision to cancel additional 2021 Europe departures aboard two ships."
Seabourn said it was taking the decision now to give guests "as much notice as possible" and to provide them greater clarity on their travel plans at an early stage.
Guests and their agents will be informed, and are advised to seek assistance via the line’s online resources before calling its reservation call centre.
The move comes as a further delay to Seabourn’s return to cruising in Europe after announcing just last month it would be pushing Sojourn and Encore’s return to service back to 3 July, along with that of Seabourn Ovation.