Jet2 expands summer 2022 programme
14 Jan 2021by Jennifer Morris
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have put on almost 700 additional flights to a range of popular hotspots in response to demand for summer 2022 holidays.
The airline and operator has also added city break destinations.
Since announcing its summer 2022 programme last week, Jet2 said it had seen strong demand from customers looking to get away.
- Leeds Bradford – additional flights to 15 destinations: Tenerife, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Malaga, Reus, Costa de Almeria, Palma (Majorca), Ibiza, Faro, Antalya, Dalaman, Kos, Rhodes, Skiathos andBourgas.
- Glasgow – additional flights to 19 destinations: Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Malaga, Alicante, Reus, Palma (Majorca), Ibiza, Menorca, Faro, Dalaman, Corfu, Crete (Heraklion), Kefalonia, Rhodes, Zante, Paphos andMalta.
- Newcastle – additional flights to 12 destinations: Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Malaga, Alicante, Reus, Palma (Majorca), Faro, Antalya, Dalaman, Kos andRhodes.
In terms of city breaks, Jet2 now offers:
- Leeds Bradford – Amsterdam, Barcelona, Budapest, Paris, Rome, Krakow, Nice and Prague. Including these destinations, there are now 49 destinations on sale from Leeds Bradford for summer 2022.
- Glasgow-Rome, Krakow and Prague – including these destinations, there are now 29 destinations on sale from Glasgow for summer 2022.
- Newcastle - Rome, Krakowand Prague – including these destinations, there are now 35 destinations on sale from Glasgow for summer 2022.
Steve Heapy, chief executive of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We know there is a lot of pent-up demand, and since putting our summer 2022 programme on sale we have been very encouraged by the number of bookings coming through from customers and independent travel agents.
“Customers clearly want their all-important holidays to look forward to, so we have responded quickly by adding thousands of additional seats to a range of brilliant hotspots from these three bases.
“We’ll have more good news to share soon with customers and independent travel agents across the UK.”