Holiday Extras bolsters insurance offering with Covid cover
05 Aug 2020by James Chapple
Holiday Extras has added coronavirus cover to its top-level travel insurance offerings.
The firm’s gold, platinum, cruise medical and cruise gold packages will all now come with Covid protection.
Features include coverage for up to £10 million in medical treatment, and repatriation – if required.
Adam Edinburgh, Holiday Extras’ head of commercial, insurance, said: "Even with Spain temporarily off the quarantine-exemption list, most of last year’s holiday market is keen to travel soon.
"Since we know one of the things they need to do so is good travel insurance that protects their trip if they fall ill, we expanded our cover to help."
HX’s top insurance tiers will now include coverage for:
- Cancellation if you or anyone insured on your policy contracts Covid-19 prior to travelling and receives a positive test within 14 days prior to the travel start date;
- £10,000,000 if customers require emergency medical treatment abroad;
- Repatriation, if required;
- Cover for additional travel and accommodation costs if the customer is discharged from hospital but medically unable to return home immediately;
- Costs for one other person to stay with the customer, or to travel to the customer from the UK and accompany them home;
- Travel costs to or from a hospital relating to your admission, discharge or attendance for outpatient treatment;
- Travel costs to and from appointments, or for the collection of medication prescribed for you by the hospital and the cost of additional food and drink;
- Platinum plans will also cover additional accommodation and/or return transportation if you are denied boarding your return flight due to having or being suspected of having Covid-19