Monarch and Tui UK have both extended their cancellation of flights and holidays to Sharm el Sheikh as the UK government continues to advise against all but essential travel to the destination by air.
Monarch has cancelled its programme until October 30 but said that it would like to resume flights if the effective ban is lifted.
The company has added extra flights to the Canary Islands, the Algarve, Palma, Malaga and is offering a variety of rebooking options.
“The safety and security of our passengers will always remain our number one priority,” Monarch said.
“Whilst this ongoing situation is beyond our control, Monarch would like to apologise to all affected customers for the inconvenience that it has caused.”
Thomson and First Choice are cancelling flights and holidays until September 30.
Two Thomson Airways services – one from Gatwick airport and one from Manchester airport – have been retained in the schedule to enable the business to operate to Sharm el Sheikh should the FCO travel advice change.
Tui UK said: “We would like to thank our customers for their continued patience and apologise for the inconvenience caused, whilst the current FCO advice is in place.”
Rival Cook has already cancelled all bookings to the Red Sea resort and will not resume operations until November 1 at the earliest.
The FCO’s decision to effectively put a halt on flights came after the suspected bombing of a Russian charter flight, which killed 224 people.
While Sharm is out of bounds to holidaymakers arriving by air, other areas in Egypt are still open for business, including popular stops along the Nile and the resort of Hurghada.
Last month a man carrying a fake explosive belt in his hand luggage was able to board an EgyptAir flight travelling from Alexandria to Cairo.
The airline claimed that all security measures at the airport of origin “were fully implemented”.